Welcome to Our Infos!

This started out as a wedding blog, but now it's a family blog. Here's to goodness at home and abroad.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

World, meet Reed.

Jed and I are happy to announce the birth of our beautiful son, Reed.


He was born two weeks early--just after the Fourth of July--and he was just a little guy.  Six pounds, five ounces.


He spent the first six days in the NICU, first for low blood sugar (which was easily rectified) and then for bilirubin levels (i.e., jaundice) that worried the hospital more than they worried anyone else (including our pediatrician).


Still, even in the hospital he was fantastically cute.


And super patient.  He had a lumbar puncture, an IV in his head, glucose tests (aka blood draws) three to six times a day, and eventually he had to sleep under bright lights (with a mask on) and on a bed of light (as part of his bilirubin treatment).



But finally, after many conversations with the attending doctors and quite a few moments of my public crying, his glucose levels were staying up and bilirubin levels were coming down, and they let us go.

I helped the nurses take the wires off of his heart, lungs, foot.  When I finally held him for the first time with no cords attached, it was one of the holiest moments of my life.


So we took him home.


My goodness, I love my little man.


And my big man too.




Jed and Sarah and Reed for the win.



4 comments:

  1. for the win is right! so glad to see he is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much. You and everyone that is yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest boy ever! So glad to see you two the other day! For the win indeed.

    ReplyDelete